Thursday, October 16, 2008

Where is the manual?

Why, oh why didn't our children come with a manual? A place where we can look at the troubleshooting chart and have a few options for each situation. Here I am. Flying out here not know which end is up sometimes. Did my parents feel like this? I must call again and let them know how much I love them and how sorry I am for......................so many things. This age is hard for me, 8 and 6. I am really good with the babies and good with the tween to teenagers; it is this time between the two I am struggling with. Well, my 6 year old just gave me a big unsolicited hug. The aftermath of a meltdown can can be brutal. (Her meltdown, not mine! yet!) I feel so helpless sometimes and want so badly to..............know what they need. From life, from me. I must get on to get dinner together. I am praying God will show me what to do and how to just be.

1 comment:

CindyLous News said...

I think every parent has said that at least once! Why doesn't God send an ownrs manual with them?! Just recently, and mind you Natasha is 36 years old, a wise Mom friend of mine said, "Everything you need is between the covers of the Bible." For having six children, she appears to be sane and the harshest punishment I've ever heard her dispense was,"Everybody out of the house and go play in the sandpit!" She also told me NEVER to pray for patience!